Tuesday, April 24, 2007

You Can Do It If You Try

I'm attempting to knit my first real sock. I've knit booties before, but never a true sock. Too afraid. Looks hard. Little dpns. Yikes. I've been inspired to finally give sock knitting a try. And this is the reason why:


That's my 13-year-old boy's first beautifully tied sneaker. He finally did it. After years of making half-baked ties of his own and many more years of treating all his mommy-tied-them shoes as slip-ons, the planets aligned and M. tied a gorgeous bow on his brand new Converse high-tops. Another milestone.

So . . . if he can do it, I can do it. I'll knit a sock. I'm using Sockotta sock yard, #2 dpns and Yanke Knitter Designs Classic Socks pattern. We'll see how it goes. I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from my mitered squares. I'll post pictures of my progress soon.

Here's what became of the Converse sneakers box:



A new attraction for Emmie.

No comments: