Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm Not Going To Be Able To Put This Off Much Longer


Finished the miters for the purple and cream square. Here's the progress so far:


I really need to start sewing the miters together. The only one I've sewn so far is the green and cornflower blue square at the bottom left. I hated, hated, hated sewing it up. It was tricky to line up the stripes perfectly and the centers were hard to bring together neatly. But . . . I did it. It's just that it took me FOREVER to do it and I was really stressed out throughout the process. Knitting is relaxing - it's just the finishing that no one warns you about.

I could stop knitting new squares now and finish this as a baby blanket. It seems like it would be a good size, once I crochet a border around the big rectangle. Not sure I'm ready to stop yet, though. We'll see. I might take a break to sew the miters and that will give me time to think. The EZ Baby Surprise Jacket pattern should arrive by then and I can't wait to dig into it. I some time today searching on the internet for pictures of finished BSJs and for tips, and found tons. Kelly also tipped me off to the podcasts on WEBS on which they discuss the pattern and give some help. I downloaded them and listened to a few, so I'm all ready to knit. Thanks, Kelly!

M. slept until 4 PM today. I tried to wake him up several times without success. After he was up for a few hours, he ate a bowl of cereal. A few minutes later, he said, "What was that? Was that my dinner?" Geez. I have no idea. This isn't covered in the Mommy Manual. I told him it was whatever he wanted it to be. "Good," he said, and walked away with a bag of Smartfood popcorn. I'm such a good mother. Gulp.

1 comment:

mad knitter said...

Oh, you downloaded the podcasts! You are very welcome and I hope that they come in handy! I *always* learn something new on each of Pixie's segments, no matter what project they are working on!

Those miters sound like a bear to sew. It reminds me of a striped cardigan I used to make for mine and other's kids until I finally realized that I *dreaded* sewing it up specifically because of the stripes! Best of luck, and patience, in your finishing.