Saturday, September 15, 2007

Hi Honey - I'm Home!

Did you miss me? You've probably been crying yourself to sleep every night because I hadn't posted for more than 10 days. Dry your tears. I'm here.

I've been digging into the new school year and haven't had the time or the energy for my blog or for Ravelry. I'm happy about being back in school and focusing on my schoolwork, but I miss my knitting world.

Here are a few things I've managed to finish:



The purple one (Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Blue Bonnet) is going to my Aunt Carol. She saw it in its pre-button state and like it, so it's hers. I'll mail it on Monday. The blue one below it (Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Hyacinth) is in my bag right now. I don't love love love it, but it's okay. I made a fancy little crocheted flap on this one, but I don't like the way it came out. My basic recipe for this bag is best, in my opinion.

Since I had Thursday off, I had the energy to go to SnB. I missed it last week, so I was so happy to go. In my short history with SnB, there have been a few times when we've dared each other to wear different things we've knit to our Thursday night meet-up. The other Kelly and I agreed to wear things the same night - me, my first socks and her, a sweater she'd just finished. She was afraid she'd seem like a show-off if she wore it, but I insisted that that was what she was supposed to do. I told her I'd wear my socks if she wore the sweater. We both did. (Okay, I took the socks off shortly after I arrived. It was summer, after all, and I was wearing a skirt and Crocs and looked like the Queen of All Dorks. Kelly, I'm happy to say, kept her sweater on.)

Another time, Val finished a pair of what she called her "unmentionables" - old-fashioned pettipants to sleep in. I dared her, on her blog, to wear them to SnB and I'd give her 10 bucks. She declined. Sensible girl.

This week, Jen finished her first pair of socks - bright yellow slipper socks, which I'd named her Big Bird socks. She'd knit only one, and moved on to new socks - nice-looking striped socks. I strongly encouraged her to knit the 2nd Big Bird, telling her that she'd forever save them as her very first handknit socks. Being the good girl that she is (and I'm a 3rd grade teacher - I can talk anyone into finishing anything) she knit the twin and posted the picture on her blog. Of course, I had to double-dog dare her to wear them to SnB - again for 10 bucks - and she did it. I paid up. Now, you have to read her blog post:

http://wifemomknitter.blogspot.com/2007/09/i-got-double-dog-dare.html

She made me cry. I told you that knitters were good people!

And before I go, here's Emmy, wearing the beads that I got at the Relay for Life last week.

She loves the silver beads, but . . .


decided to throw on the blue beads, too, for some extra pizzzazz.

2 comments:

WifeMomKnitter said...

OK. You got me back by making me cry!!!! Like I said in my blog, it just seem like the right thing to do.

I wish I could get my dogs to wear jewelry. I could barely get them to try on the sweaters I made them for the winter!

mad knitter said...

Hey! I made it into your blog! As an exhibitionist who had to be convinced to keep her sweater on, LOL! But I made it there, nonetheless :). I *love* your pics of your bejeweled cat! So pretty!!!