Friday, February 22, 2008

So Kool . . . -Aid

Part 2:

After letting the yarn cool (well . . . almost), I rinsed it. I was amazed that no dye - not a drop - came out in the rinsing process. Clear from the start.

After swishing in mild, soapy water, I rinsed again and squeezed out the excess water.


Now it's hanging to dry. This will be the painful part. I want to wind it into a ball to get any idea of what it's going to look like. I love the blue color, but I'm not crazy about the purple. At all. It's so dark and muddy looking.

Emmie, however, is a big fan.



Gee, your yarn smells terrific.

3 comments:

mad knitter said...

So completely cool - er, kool!!! I've never thought much about dyeing, but you may be changing my mind!! Take a pic when it's wound, I wanna see!

And I loved to see Emmie's movie watching, so cute!

Hunny said...

I really like those colors together.

Rick said...

I don't think I've ever had a dream involving yarn. Now that I've said that, tonight I probably will.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/