Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tagged

Nutmeg Knitter tagged me for a meme. (I got to meet her in real-life at SnB after being a reader of her blog!) Could you possibly stand knowing a few more things about ME?

Good answer.

The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1) What was I doing ten years ago? Hmmm . . . May of 1998. I was being a mommy to my 4 1/2 year old boy, sticking it out in an unhappy marriage (hey, just being honest), playing around with polymer clay and jewelry-making, and working on a ridiculous Y2K-disaster-preventing new computer program team at Warnaco (see #6 below). I was also plotting my escape - figuring out how I could go back to school to become a teacher.


2) Five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
Finish knitting the body of my grown-up sweater and start on the sleeves, go to the store to get cookie-baking ingredients for a memorial day picnic, watch Juno, try the self-tanner thing again without ending up with either white or orange feet like last time, and clean out my closet. The last thing is on the list, but that doesn't mean I'm really going to do it.

3) Snacks I enjoy:
Microwave kettle corn popcorn, Friendly's watermelon sherbet, ice cream, Tootsie Pops, dark chocolate M&Ms, and a ton of other things that could keep me sitting here typing all day. There's that to-do list, you know.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Buy a really nice house and hire people to clean it and take care of it for me, send my boy to a fancypants college for lazy kids who just want to play XBox 360, give my parents and my sisters lots of my money, fund cancer research, and start a program/summer camp to help young girls build their self-esteem. Oh, and I'd buy lots and lots of yarn.

5) Places I have lived:
Connecticut, Connecticut, Connecticut, and more Connecticut. I've lived in North Haven, Fairfield (for college), West Haven, and Milford. I'm a home-state girl and I don't think I'll ever decide to retire to Florida, Arizona or New Mexico. My family and all of my favorite people are right here, so unless everyone would come with me, I'm pretty sure I'm here to stay.

6) Jobs I have had:
I was a brown-and-orange-polyester-uniform-wearing Burger King employee, a cashier/did-whatever-they-told-me-to girl at Inside Outlet - a paint, wallpaper, and flooring store, a babysitter, a returned-dirty-tuxedo unpacker for a tuxedo rental place (for ONE horrible day), a stock girl at Mammoth Mart (for ONE horrible week), an office girl for a auto finance company, a mortgage company, and an attorney, a customer service rep for a company that makes those annoying beeping timer machines for fast food restaurants, a moved-through-the-ranks-doing-many-different-jobs person for Warnaco - the company that makes Warner's and Olga bras, a waitress, a substitute teacher, a tutor, and finally - my favorite job - a 3rd grade teacher. Now wasn't that a sweet little walk down memory lane . . .

7) Peeps I want to know more about:
Yankee Lagniappe
CostumeChick
WifeMomKnitter
Jennsquared
Passimenterie

2 comments:

WifeMomKnitter said...

Done!

Please check out my post. Thank you.

jennsquared said...

Done!!!! :)