Tuesday, July 31, 2007

No More Monkeys (Jumping on the Bed)

This is my Monkey. Bye bye, Monkey. I couldn't make myself keep going on it. I didn't like the way it looked. I'll use this yarn for a plain sock.Ooh! Look what I have!
The big one is Fortissima Socka (couldn't resist the name) - wool, bamboo, and nylon. It's self-patterning for a regular sock. Can't wait. Then, would you look at those 4 little skeins. They're so cute! How could I resist? Couldn't. The two in the front are mandarin petit in a periwinkle blue color - all cotton, I think. Can't understand the label, but I think the LYS owner said it was cotton. The two in the back are Crystal Palace Yarns Panda Wool in Ultramarine - bamboo, wool and nylon. I think I'm going to become a sock yarn junkie. I'm going to try to force myself to finish the Irish twin before I cast on for anything new, but I can't make any promises. I'll try.

In non-knitting news, look what UPS brought for me today:
They're Magic Drawers from QVC. The boxes stack on "rails" that allow one box to slide out without all the others falling over. They work really well and I was able to fit all of my shoes in them, with a few boxes still empty. Left me with a lot more room in my closet. Happy!

4 comments:

mad knitter said...

Oh my gosh! You *have* to bring the Panda Wool to SnB! I've been wanting to try that!

And your un-monkeyed sock yarn...so beautiful! Do you think it might work in a plain stockinette sock, with the way it stripes? I wonder...could be good!

acambras said...

What language are the ball bands in?

Erin said...

Ohh, what pretty yarn. Sorry the monkey didn't work out for you, but better to discover that now rather than after you were done with the pair. :)

Anonymous said...

I've often wondered about this storage system from QVC. I can picture a sock yarn wall made of these. - BTW - You sure jumped form a simple sock into it all the way!