My Stitch'n Bitch friends gave a name to my latest knitting issue: Goldilocks Knitting.
It started after I frogged the Monkey (stop laughing, Anne). I started a new sock, a modified Monkey (modify the Monkey) with new, solid yarn and no, I said NO, purls. I tried a pretty picot edge a la January One . Thought I had the gauge thing down. Started knitting.
Uh oh. This sock is TOO BIG.
Frogged again. Figured out how many stitches I needed. Re-modified the Monkey pattern to fit the reduced number of stitches. Knit.
Ooh. This is pretty.
I knit the picot-edged cuff and 2 of the 11 row pattern repeats.
Uh oh. This sock is TOO SMALL.
But it is pretty!Pretty while it lasted. Frogged it.
I have now cast on what I hope is a JUST RIGHT number of stitches. I have re-remodified the Monkey. I'm back to the simple K2P2 rib cuff (even though I didn't want to purl). I'll show you something tomorrow. Keep your needles crossed!