Friday, August 3, 2007

Mmmm . . . This One is Just Right

The 4th attempt at my Monkeyish sock. I think I've finally gotten it right. I miss the picot edge, but who is going to see it anyway? Just me. But I would always peek at it if it was there. It's going to be a short sock - just 3 of the 11 row repeats, so I'm already to the point where I'll start the heel flap. Trying to decide if I'll keep the pattern going on the top, or take the easy way out and do it all in stockinette. I should keep the pattern going. It's easy and best of all . . . no purls!
I'm off to see the Yarn Harlot now. Really looking forward to this. My sock is really excited, too.

5 comments:

anphoe said...

The no-purl monkey looks great!! I can't wait to cast on mine. Thanks for the link :D

Anonymous said...

You've got a beautifully knit sock here. It's aninspiration to me.

Anonymous said...

Posting about this sock again - where did you get the pattern?

KnelleyBelley said...

Thanks, Sheila. This pattern is based on the Monkey sock pattern by Cookie A. on Knitty.com. I made some changes - a different yarn, different size needles, and fewer stitches. I reworked her pattern, knitting all the purls, and changing the placement of some stitches. As soon as I finish this first sock, and I know it works, I'll write up the pattern in a post. I really like it - and I especially like that I only have to purl in the ribbed cuff and on the heel flap. I'm slow at purling!

frksnupp said...

These were beautiful! What a sweet pattern =)